Sunday, April 26, 2009

Country Music Half Marathon = Hot, Hilly, Still Hacking


First, I will say I did survive the 13.1 miles, but it was not a race I am really proud of. 1 week and 1 day before the big run, I came down with one of the worst bugs I've ever had and ended up in the ER. It STILL has not left my system. I am now with no voice at all and coughing like crazy. So, there are my excuses. Regardless, Janice, Kade and myself headed up to Birmingham then Nashville this weekend for the run. Thank you to Janice for her patience with my coughing, whispering and screaming baby for some of the time. Thank you to YaYa (Laura) for coming with us and watching baby kade during the race. Next year, it's on for all of us! So, the race was huge...like 30,000 people. It really is an amazing experience. I just hate that I was not feeling up to it. My body is just beat. The hills were crazy and so opposite from Pensacola and it was like 85 degrees or something crazy. People were dropping like flies. The first 8 miles I felt great and was having a blast and then something came over me and I started getting light headed and not feeling so great. I did not want to push myself too far so I started walking some around mile 9 and then just walked/ran the rest of it. I did run the last mile, so I could say I Finished Strong. There's no way I would walk across that finish after all the training. So, I was disappointed in all the elements, but I know I did the best I could. I am proud that I even attempted it. It was not looking good a week before. So, anyone that wants to join next year, let's go. It is very motivating with the bands and so many people running for a loved one that fought cancer or a cancer survivor. I cried like 5 times throughout the course. "Run with endurance the race that God has set before you"...Who's in for next year?

Since, no one has yet to get the last MQ..here's another from the same movie...
"like I could tip a cow by myself!"

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sweet Home Alabama! I'm a movie quote genius. :)

Special K said...

Me too! It's my second language. Good job Rachel.