Monday, February 16, 2009

The Past Year




I can't even begin to gather all of my thoughts to write anything worthy that explains how I feel about my first year of motherhood. God has done a mighty work in this house. I should thank him every second I breathe for giving me such a wonderful family. It makes you even more thankful of the rest of your family, down to the parents of your grandparents. I feel like the values they instilled in my grandparents absolutely made my mother and father the Godly couple they are and example they are to all of us in the family. My precious grandparents surprised me for Kade's first birthday. I was jokingly (well, maybe I really wanted them to succumb) calling them often saying how sad it was they had to miss Kade's Birthday. Well, low and behold...mom watched Kade Friday night so Kevin and I could have a Valentine's Dinner and they were at mom's when we got there! So fun! It would not have been the same without them. Thank you Mamaw and Papaw for repeatedly showing your love to your family...you are sooooo appreciated!
Then, we come to my parents who would literally lay down their lives for a stranger. I can't express how much I love and appreciate all they do for me and our entire family. Selfless and unconditional love is all I can say. If I could just be 1/2 of the parents they are to me, I would be happy.
Now, we get to Kade. Aside from my salvation and my husband, the greatest gift God has given me. It is truly the purest love. That little booger can keep me awake every hour of the day and night and still totally and absolutely win my heart over again and again. I am consumed with love for this person. I truly can not believe he was given to me and Kevin. Looking at back at those pictures where he is swaddled up like a glow worm just make me see how fast life can pass us by. Now, he is walking around like he is something....and he is! I hope all of you reading have had the chance to meet this amazing little person. I look forward to every moment I share with him and it is my prayer that God will use him to glorify Him in this world in all that he does.


VO2, walking 1 mile and running 1 mile is really no different. You still burn about 100 calories per mile..so they say. DVR is hard to give up, but maybe we have to start doing so? Yuck. Love you, skinnywannabeya