Monday, October 31, 2011

"Feed your fears and your faith will starve. Feed your faith, and your fears will!"

Amen to those beautiful words by Max Lucado. My appointment this morning was one that brought that fear that I just had to try to starve with the words of my Father. I will say that my devotion last night was titled "life is Long Enough". Leading into Psam 139:16 "only God knows the number of my days...." let's just say I was even more curious of my news to come. However, through the past several months, one thing is certain- God used a megaphone approach to bring me literally on my knees to evaluate my life, my relationships, my calling for His life for me on earth. I do not know why, but I do know and feel grateful that he chose me for this to happen because I have never felt the yearning need of His arms like I have been. I will never be the same. I will never look at life the same ...life here on earth. More importantly, I know more than ever that this is definitely not our home and every life on earth is long enough-just as God created it to be. For, we all have the chance to live forever with Him someday and the music will be amaaaazzziiinnnggg!
Speaking of music, that is a huge part of my worship and time with the Lord and I love this quote...so true..."A few songs with Him might change the way you sing, forever"
As I said earlier, I know this happened for a reason and am grateful for the intimacy it has created with my savior. It is hard to create that yearning desire without the feeling of needing it. "Sometimes, God allows what He hates to accomplish what He loves"

So, MRI went fine. Dr Markert came in and went through his typical neurological exams and said my favorite words of the day "no change on the MRI"!!!! He said it has not grown. He does want copies of my neck MRI to ensure no fat deposits went down to irritate and cause any of the neck pain I am having, but he said "this is very good news you are getting" I think he always has to tell me he is giving me good news since I just stare at him mostly trying to think of other questions I had. The last thing I want is to leave with any concerns or unanswered questions. So, he will see me in a year, unless I have any new symptoms arise! Sounds good to me.

I must say that all I could think of was how absolutely blessed I was. We walked out staring in the eyes of many very sick people that clearly need prayers. Therefore, it is my prayer that you will continue your wonderful conversations with our amazing Father who chose to keep me safe for now, but clearly others are needing his peace and comfort. Much love to everyone that has called, texted or just smiled and said you are thinking about me. You will never know what it means to me, and I love you all!

I will leave you with 2 great songs to sing today,

"You are my Shield"
I will bless the Lord forever, and I will trust Him, at all times.
He has delivered me from all things, and He has set my feet upon a rock.
I will not be moved, and I'll say of the Lord:
You are my Shield, my Strength, my Portion, Deliverer, my Shelter,
Strong Tower, my very present help in time of need.

Room have I in heaven by You.
There's not a desire beside You.

"Sparrow" (Audrey Assad)
Why should I be lonely, long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion and a constant Friend I know
I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free
For His eye is on the sparrow, His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He's watching me
Why should I be troubled when His tender word I hear
I rest on His goodness in my doubt and in my fear
I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free
For His eye is on the arrow, His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He's watching me!

Thanks to my amazing Dad for driving me to Birmingham in less than a 24 hour period! He's not feeling so good himself, but a Father will do anything to take care of their children and mine is the greatest example of that, here on earth. I love you, dad!
Now, we are trying to make it back so I can walk Mickey Mouse around town to feed his sugar addiction. Toddles!

No comments: